What is Parents as Teachers all about?
Parents as Teachers is a FREE program offered in every school district in Missouri. The program is available to every family in Clever School District beginning during pregnancy and ending when children enter kindergarten. Enrollment can take place at any time during this age range. E-mail email@example.com or call the P.A.T. office at 221-7804 to enroll. Parents are children’s first teachers and will always be their most important. Let P.A.T. empower you with the knowledge to make sound parenting decisions to help your child
All children will learn, grow and develop to realize their full potential.
To provide the information, support and encouragement parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life.
The early years of a child's life are critical for optimal development and provide the foundation for success in school and in life.
Parents are their children's first and most influential teachers.
Established and emerging research should be the foundation of parent education and family support curricula, training, materials and services.
All young children and their families deserve the same opportunities to succeed, regardless of any demographic, geographic or economic considerations.
An understanding and appreciation of the history and traditions of diverse cultures is essential in serving families.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
PARENTS AS TEACHERS
- gives children a solid foundation for school successes
- increases parents’ confidence in giving their child the best start
- promotes a strong parent-child relationship
- develops a true partnership between parents and schools
- provides a means for early detection of potential learning problems
- prevents and reduces child abuse and neglect
THROUGH THE USE OF
- Personal Visits – from a trained educator/certified teacher
- Group connections– gives parents new insights and allows them to share experiences, concerns, and successes
- Yearly developmental screenings - until entry in kindergarten
- Resource network – links families with other services beyond the scope of the program
All of the above are accomplished through partnering and reflection with a parent educator. Contact us soon so we can begin the journey! :)
To enroll you may either call the PAT office at 417-221-7804 or e-mail Paula Harvey (Ms. Paula) at firstname.lastname@example.org at your convenience. We have three parent educators waiting to assist you: Ms. Paula, Ms. Mikki and Ms. Jessie. We can't wait to hear from you!